FILA is member of various Italian and international sector associations:
- Confindustria Nazionale (Italian industrial federation): this is the main association representing manufacturing and service businesses in Italy.
- Confindustria Ceramica, Confindustria Marmomacchine and Confindustria Sezione Chimici (industry federations for ceramics, marble and marble machinery and the chemical sector).
- TTA (The Tile Association): this represents the entire English sector of tiles for floors and wall coverings and today boasts 750 members, counting manufacturers, layers, distributors and contractors.
- EUF (Federation of European Tile Fixers’ Association).
- FFN (Fachverband Fliesen und Naturstein): the association for tiles and natural stone is part of the ZDB, the German Building Federation, the largest German industrial federation, with over 35,000 building companies as its members.
- Gesundes Wohnen mit Keramik (Healthy Living with Ceramics): this is an initiative by European tile associations. Its members are the best-known manufacturers, distributors, tilers and their associations, who intend to show users solutions that allow them to live in a healthy environment thanks to ceramics.
- MIA (Marble Institute of America): the biggest category association in the world for the market of ornamental stone, counting almost 2000 manufacturers of stone, distributors, builders, tile layers and suppliers in the sector.
- Green Building Council (GBC) Italia: this is a no-profit association that is part of the international network of GBC present in many other countries; its goal is to promote a culture of sustainable building. It is responsible for the independent certification system LEED® – Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design – whose parameters set precise criteria for design and construction of buildings that are healthy, energy efficient and with low environmental impact.
- RIBA (The Royal Institute of British Architects): it is mainly responsible for defining standards, training and support for this category. It works with the government to improve the quality of planning for public buildings, new homes and communities.
- NTCA (National Tile Contractors Association): a no-profit American category association for the professional installation of ceramic tiles and natural stone.
- GEV EMICODE: Association for laying materials, glues and building products with controlled emissions (Gemeinschaft Emissionskontrollierte Verlegewerkstoffe, Klebstoffe und Bauprodukte e. V.). It uses the EMICODE marking to classify laying and building materials, without solvents and with low emissions, according to their level of VOC emissions.
- ASSOPOSA: the association dedicated to tile installers for which FILA is technical and founding partner. It is responsible for recognising and training tile installers.
- DNV (Deutscher Naturwerkstein-Verband e.V.): German association for natural stone to which around 80% of natural stone processing companies belong. It is a member of Italian and European commissions and groups responsible for drawing up standards and guidelines for the sector.
SOCMA (Society of Chemical Manufacturers and Affiliates): a body that brings together the main manufacturers, distributors and service providers in the chemical industry.
STONE FEDERATION GB: this is an official association for the natural stone industry. It coordinates business in the sector and provides members with a point of contact for information, advice and orientation for the supply of suitable stone.
ACIMAC: is the association of Italian suppliers of plant, machinery, equipment, semi-finished products, raw materials and services for the ceramic, heavy clay and refractories industries. As a member of the Italian Employers' Federation Confindustria, ACIMAC is an integral part of the Italian industry's representation system.