The protection of a material can take place both before and after installation. In the first case we speak of pre-treatment protection. In general, the protection is done after a thorough washing after laying.
ADVANTAGES OF PRE-TREATMENT
- it protects surfaces from grout residues
- it makes grouting easier
- it makes cleaning after laying simple
- it speeds up drying after initial washing and therefore also the subsequent treatment stages.
PLEASE NOTE: This is not an obligatory stage, but it is recommended when the material to be grouted is very absorbent, like for example, terracotta and more porous natural stone.
Stain removal testing on terracotta. The untreated section (left) deeply absorbed the cement and made washing after laying difficult. The treated part (right) did not absorb the cement, which was then easy to remove with a specific detergent.
ADVANTAGES OF PROTECTION
- it prevents absorption of water and oil stains
- it makes maintenance simpler
- it prolongs the life of materials
CHOOSE THE PRODUCT ACCORDING TO
- the material to be treated
- the location of the material (inside or out, floors or walls)
- the type of protection (water-repellent, stainresistant)
- the desired effect (natural, colour-enhancing, wet look)
In addition to protecting surfaces from water, Fila water-repellent products prevent the formation of algae, efflorescence and damp stains.
Do you want more information on protection?