FILA is member of various Italian and international trade associations:
- Confindustria Nazionale (Italian industrial federation): the Italian employers’ federation and national chamber of commerce.
- Confindustria Ceramica, Confindustria Marmomacchine and Confindustria Sezione Chimici: industry federations for ceramic tile, marble and marble machinery and the chemical sector.
- TTA (The Tile Association): represents the entire British sector of tiles for floor and wall coverings, boasting 750 members including manufacturers, installers, distributors and contractors.
- EUF (Federation of European Tile Fixers’ Association).
- FFN (Fachverband Fliesen und Naturstein): the association for tile and natural stone is part of the ZDB, the German Building Federation, the largest German industrial federation, with over 35,000 building companies as its members.
- Gesundes Wohnen mit Keramik (Healthy Living with Ceramics): an initiative by European tile associations; its members are the best known manufacturers, distributors and tile installers, creating solutions that use ceramic tile in the construction of healthy living environments.
- MIA (Marble Institute of America): ): the biggest category association in the world for the market of ornamental stone, counting almost 2000 stone manufacturers, distributors, builders, tile installers and suppliers.
- Green Building Council (GBC) Italia: a non-profit organization which is part of the international network of GBC; its goal is to promote a culture of sustainable building. It is responsible for the independent certification LEED® system– Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design – whose parameters set precise criteria for the design and construction of buildings that are healthy, energy efficient and with low environmental impact.
- RIBA (The Royal Institute of British Architects): responsible for defining standards, training and support for this category. It works with the government to improve the quality of planning for public buildings, new homes and communities.
- NTCA (National Tile Contractors Association): a non-profit American category association for the professional installation of ceramic tile and natural stone.
- GEV EMICODE: the association for tile installation materials, adhesives and building products with controlled emissions (Gemeinschaft Emissionskontrollierte Verlegewerkstoffe, Klebstoffe und Bauprodukte e. V.). It uses the EMICODE marking to classify tile installment and building materials, without solvents and according to their level of VOC emissions.
- ASSOPOSA: the association dedicated to tile installers for which FILA is technical and founding partner. It is responsible for recognizing and training tile installers.
- DNV (Deutscher Naturwerkstein-Verband e.V.): the German association for natural stone to which around 80% of natural stone processing companies belong. It is a member of Italian and European commissions and groups responsible for drawing up standards and guidelines for the sector.
STONE FEDERATION GB: an official association for the natural stone industry, it coordinates businesses in the sector and provides members with a reference point for information, advice and orientation for the supply of suitable stone.